Akamai Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the international chief in written content delivery community (CDN) services, now released its 3rd Quarter, 2016 Point out of the Online Report. Based on data collected from the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, the report offers perception into essential international statistics this kind of as link speeds, broadband adoption metrics, notable Net disruptions, IPv4 exhaustion and IPv6 implementation.
Details and graphics from the Third Quarter, 2016 Point out of the Online Report can be identified on the Akamai Condition of the World wide web internet site. Point out of the Web Report-related discussions are also taking position on the Akamai Local community.
“The holiday period serves as one particular of the correct assessments of Net connectivity as buyers activate slews of linked gadgets at the similar time and a lot more households are at dwelling collectively pushing their broadband capabilities to the restrict,” said David Belson, editor of the Condition of the World-wide-web Report. “The fantastic information is all those boundaries are getting higher as we have continued to notice constructive lengthy-phrase trends in both of those common and ordinary peak relationship speeds all-around the world. When ‘batteries not included’ may perhaps even now result in unwelcome surprises, we’re optimistic that relationship speeds won’t spoil the vacations this calendar year.”
Highlights from Akamai’s 3rd Quarter, 2016 Condition of the World wide web Report:
Worldwide Regular Connection Speeds and International Broadband Adoption
- Worldwide regular connection pace amplified 2.3% to 6.3 Mbps in the 3rd quarter, a 21% raise year around yr.
- South Korea experienced the optimum typical connection speed at 26.3 Mbps in the third quarter.
- World wide regular peak connection velocity elevated 3.4% to 37.2 Mbps in the third quarter, climbing 16% yr about yr.
- Singapore had the maximum normal peak link speed at 162 Mbps in the third quarter.
- World-wide 10 Mbps broadband adoption rate rose 5.4% quarter about quarter, and 15 Mbps and 25 Mbps broadband adoption costs elevated 6.5% and 5.3%, respectively.
IPv4 and IPv6
- The variety of exceptional IPv4 addresses connecting to the Akamai Intelligent Platform was just more than 806 million, which is .7% far more than the next quarter of 2016.
- Belgium remained the very clear world wide leader in IPv6 adoption with 39% of its connections to Akamai transpiring in excess of IPv6, up 3.3% from the preceding quarter.
- Cable and wireless/mobile providers continued to generate the greatest volumes of IPv6 requests, with Comcast Cable, AT&T Communications Americas and Verizon Wireless topping the record with 44%, 43% and 80% of their requests to Akamai staying built around IPv6 in their regions, respectively.
- Ordinary mobile link speeds ranged from a substantial of 23.7 Mbps in the United Kingdom to a very low of 2.2 Mbps in Venezuela.
About the Akamai Point out of the Web Report
Just about every quarter, Akamai publishes a “State of the Web – Connectivity” report. This report involves data gathered from across the Akamai Clever Platform about assault visitors, broadband adoption, cell connectivity and other applicable matters about the World-wide-web and its usage, as perfectly as tendencies found in this facts around time. For more details on the metrics in the report and how they are analyzed, please talk to this blog site post. To understand far more and to accessibility the archive of previous studies, be sure to pay a visit to the Quarterly Studies site. The figures from the 3rd Quarter, 2016 Point out of the World wide web Report are out there for download.